Problems are complex. The best solutions are simple. Great user experience design is the line between these two points.
Hey, I’m Arisa. I hail from Upland, CA but was drawn to the northwest for its mountains and lakes.
As a UX designer, I believe:
- Powerful messages are simple.
- The most effective designs are clear and guide a user through a seemingly effortless flow.
- And most importantly, I believe great design is deeply rooted in empathy. Empathy brings heightened contextual awareness to every detail of a design and helps drive moments of delight as users interact with systems designed to solve their unique needs.
I am currently working on complex productivity scenarios for game and app developers at Microsoft; and prior to joining Microsoft I delivered digital solutions for companies like Panera, Zipcar, LogMeIn and other consumer products.
I thrive solving hard problems and delivering simple solutions; and I believe in failing fast and iterating often to swiftly come to the right solution.
I’m a UX designer, hiker, a 12th man for life, and I’m constantly looking for engaging problems with great teams where I can make a big impact.
Microsoft, User experience designer on the Dev Center
Prototyping, Wireframing, User flows, Information architecture, User testing, Content strategy, UI, Personas, Journey mapping, Sketching, Attention to detail, Empathy, Curiosity
More about me
"Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity." - Charles Mingus
- Westmont College, 2006-2010, Bachelors in Economics
- General Assembly, 2015, User Experience Design Certificate